Steps to take to get into business.
Steps to take to get into Business:
- Come up with an idea that solves problems.
- Write a business plan
- Choose a business name
- See if you can register it’s domain name on the internet
- Make sure no other business in your state has your name.
- Register with your state
- Register domain name on Internet
- Register social media accounts (Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc).
- Find a hosting company and obtain company email address
- Obtain a virtual phone via messaging or another form.
- Choose the right state for form your business (tax laws, etc)
- Establish your company address or get a virtual mailbox
- Choose your business type and incorporate if necessary
- Obtain EIN and sales tax numbers if necessary and learn when to file
- Trademark your name if going on Amazon or want more protection
- Satisfy all business licenses and permit requirements
- Create corporate bylaws
- Open business bank account (always keep business separated from personal)
- Create merchant account that accepts credit cards
- Business loan or financing if needed
- Obtain a business credit card
- Buy an accounting system
- Find an accountant if necessary
- Figure out what expenses are deductible
- Find office space/retail location/warehouse/ or work from home with a virtual office, etc
- Obtain business insurance
- Set up fulfillment warehouse if necessary (and/or FBA with Amazon)
- Get equipment or supplies
- Research and choose best vendors or suppliers or manufacturers
- Obtain business contracts, documents, policy and procedure manuals, employee handbooks you may need.
- Establish your employee needs (in house, virtual, etc.)
- Learn about legal requirements and responsibilities to employees
- Establish when to pay your employees (payroll) and which taxes to take out and when to file them).
- Think about employee benefits
GET THE WORD OUT Marketing/Advertising
- Obtain a logo.
- Print business cards
- Put up your website
- Connect with other entrepreneurs
- Connect with influencers
- Establish SEO for your website, google analytics, etc.
- Try social media advertising (google search, Facebook, etc)
- Establish Influencer program